What to bring to school:
- Rain gear: boots, pants, jacket, hat – can be found at REI, Next Adventure, LL Bean
- Warm winter hat & Sunhat (we provide sunscreen – Alba Organics for kids)
- Re-usable water bottle (to keep at school)
- Sweater or sweatshirt (layers are good)
- Extra set of clothes (socks, underwear, pants, shirt)
- Blanket to leave here for resting (I provide a pillow, mat, and sheets)
- A special doll or stuffed animal
- Slippers to leave at preschool
- Vegetarian snacks to share (optional)
Please do not bring:
- Clothing with characters or other media images
- Treats or sugar
- Other toys (except a doll or stuffed animal)
- Morning drop-off is from 8am – 8:30am ~ please arrive by 8:30am to help support our rhythm. Children who arrive late do not have time to acclimate or free play sufficiently before the day begins, this disrupts the energy of the entire group. Please keep your child home from school if you are unable to be here by 8:55.
- Please change from shoes to slippers in the entry room. Leave coats on the hooks and shoes under the bench. You may greet Ms. Bridget or Ms. Ariana and say goodbye in the mudroom. We will wave through the waving window as you leave.
- If your child is anxious about your departure, please know that the quicker you leave the quicker that s/he will acclimate and calm down again.
Afternoon Pick up:
- Please arrive between 12:30pm and 12:45pm for half-day pick up, and help your child depart by 12:50pm. This helps support the rhythm of the children who are resting and staying until later in the day. When we start nap late children are over tired and don’t nap as easily and peacefully. Pick up for full day children is between 3:30pm and 5pm.
- There is a $10 late fee for parents arriving five to ten minutes late, and $20 late fee if you are fifteen to thirty minutes late. Please let us know if you are going to be late for any reason, so that your child does not worry. Texting is best.